Probation Services / Probation Officer
The Probation Officer investigates and analyzes cases, writes reports and makes recommendations to the courts, enforces orders of the courts, and supervises probationers (both adult and juvenile) who are under the jurisdiction of the courts and/or county probation departments.
Probation Officers are required to complete the Probation Officer Core courses as conditions of their employment.
- Criminal Justice System
- Confidentiality and Release of Information
- Juvenile Detention
- Juvenile Crimes
- Fact Finding- Information Gathering for Written Records and Interviewing
- Restitution and Fines
- Court Reports and Presentations
- Establishing a Casework Relationship
- Providing Counseling and Assistance
- Monitoring and Responding to Probationer Performance
- Officer Safety
This course is designed for:
- Individuals seeking probation services training and skills necessary for a career in probation.
- Current probation officers/agents wanting to increase their skills as well as learn new marketable job skills
- Private probation service companies seeking to secure further training in the probation services field.
Course Format: Online/Campus