Court messengers often deliver items that the attorney is unwilling to entrust to external means of delivery, such as evidence or confidential case information. Messengers may perform most of their errands by foot, bicycle or use law firm vehicles.
The Court Messenger serves a vital role in today’s legal profession.
A Court Messenger has numerous duties which could include:
- Filing documents with the court
- Distribute information to third parties
- Pick up and deliver time-sensitive files, documents and packages;
- Run miscellaneous errands
What’s in the course:
Our online training will prepare the Court Messenger for a professional role in the legal profession and covers some of the following areas of training:
- Overview of duties and responsibilities
- Document security
- Personal/traffic safety
- Documentation-chain of custody
- Establishing a Court Messenger Service
Study Method: On-line study
Program Length: As few as 6 Months